Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate a 20Mhz Clock Sognal For ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitun2

I want to use the HI1175 ADC from Intersil for my project but it needs an external clock of 20MHz for its operation. I need a simple circuit that will generate a 20MHz clock signal. Preferably an XTAL based circuit. An comment and/or suggestion are welcome. Please reply.

They are very common. It doesn't has to be the exact model. Most 20MHz crystal oscillator module will work if it is for the specified supply voltage.

Just ask your component shop for a 20MHz crystal oscillator module in a rectangular shinny tin can package that has four(not two or three) legs.

jitun2 said:
where can I get one of these? These are not available here. Can you please suggest a simple circuit

If you fill in your location we would know where you are and perhaps someone local to you may know a source.

Sorry I will fill in my location Now. Btw I am from India, Orissa, Bhubaneswar. And I just came searching all the market for this component but could not fine it.

Thanks for the link.

I just wanted to ask
I have a 7555 RC timer IC. Can I use it as a clock source for the ADC.

I don't think the 7555 will go to 20MHz, would be very inaccurate anyway.

Edit: didn't MSTECHCA get one running at 15MHz :) (really I remember that thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back