Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find unknown parrallel Resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnjeff

Heres my problem I am able to figure total resistance of 75ohms using R=E/I and I know how to solve for power when I have the Resistor total. But for the life of me I cant figure out how to find missing resistor without pluging random numbers in until I get one close. How do I do this?

Attachments

• missimg resistor.jpg
    missimg resistor.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 2,015
You can calculate the voltage across R2 and use P=V²/R.

Edit, I didn't see any missing resistor.

Mike.

Last edited:
Hi,
The parallel combination is in series with 65E.Find Req for parallel combination.Find the I total and it is 0.6A.find the voltage drop across 65E and it is 39V.So 6V drops there in parallel combination.Since all resistance in parallel same potential will exist in R1,R2,R3.Find power for R2 by using V^2/R
V^2=36,R=21.P=36/21=1.714W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back