Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design W/L of an OP(given circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tongkin

Greeting,

I would like to design W/L of every transistors. How could I start? If the Iref = 15uA

Anyone please~~

Thank you

default.jpeg

The W/L ratio is used in the design of integrated circuit transistors. It affects the gain, capacitance, and current capability of the transistor. If you are doing that type of design, then you need the Spice model parameters for the particular integrated circuit fabrication process you will use to build the IC and then perform Spice simulations of the circuit to optimize the W/L ratios for each transistor.

Decide what your terminal voltages and current requirements are, then use iD=un,p*Cox*W/L(vGS-Vt)^2. Or use the more general equation, which I can't remember at this time.

The W/L ratio is used in the design of integrated circuit transistors. It affects the gain, capacitance, and current capability of the transistor. If you are doing that type of design, then you need the Spice model parameters for the particular integrated circuit fabrication process you will use to build the IC and then perform Spice simulations of the circuit to optimize the W/L ratios for each transistor.

I have a Spice simulation with a fabrication process. :)

Decide what your terminal voltages and current requirements are, then use iD=un,p*Cox*W/L(vGS-Vt)^2. Or use the more general equation, which I can't remember at this time.

thanks,

How about Q1 and Q2, how could I start to design?

because the Vgs of Q1 and Q2 is unknow

Quiescent current through Q1 and Q2 will be I/2. Solve the equation above to get an expressoin for Vgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back