Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert 22V 1Amp AC to 18V 1Amp AC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

san2009

Hi All,
I am a Mechanical engineer & having very less knowledge of electronics as a subject. Presently I am having a 22V 1Amp Ac transaformer which converts 220V AC main power suppy to 22V 1amp AC but I want 18V as against 22V, is there any simple circuit which can do this ? Please advice with diagram if possible.

You've rather missed the point, it's AC in and he's wanting AC out.

As already suggested, as long as the current is fixed, a simple resistor will do the job. If the current isn't fixed, then getting the correct transformer would be the best way.

Guess I missed the "AC" part of that :eek:

Last edited:
If it's a fixed load you could also use a non-polarized capacitor (or inductor) in series of the correct size, which would dissipate little or no power.

Hi All,
I am a Mechanical engineer & having very less knowledge of electronics as a subject. Presently I am having a 22V 1Amp Ac transaformer which converts 220V AC main power suppy to 22V 1amp AC but I want 18V as against 22V, is there any simple circuit which can do this ? Please advice with diagram if possible.
generally Primary would have voltage taps, to cope for minor change in voltages like 200, 220 & 240

in such cases we can manipulate it to lower the secondary voltage.

perhaps managing secondary, though otherwise easy, as secondary is always towards center of the bobbin and may be inconvenient.
However, one can try to add, say another 10 turns, over the transformers' bobbin, and then try to connect it to oppose the secondary winding, thus bring down the voltage. The wire should be of proper gauge to cope for the current.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back