Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control dc motor using P16F84A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerial

hey guys need help here....im using P16F84A for controlling a motor..no idea how to..the motor runs upto 6 volts ..i try to connect directly the terminals of the motor to the PIC i think that was a mess coz the output of the pic cant drive the motor..any idea?its for my project

You are correct, the PIC can provide the voltage but not the sufficient current to drive the motor.

YOu need to use drive transistors or something. Google H-bridge. It allows you to change the direction of the motor. And if you PWM the H-bridge instead of just off or on, you get speed control too.

I recomend using the 16F628 and a PWM motor driver IC controled by serial interface. The 16F84 does'n have one and 16F628 is newer, cheaper, available, better.

what ever the microcontroller you are using, and what ever technique (PWM, DC..) use a ready motor driver IC like the L293D or the L298 for higher currents.

Really it will work perfectly, and takes very litle space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back