Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect stereo (2 channel) signal to 4 channel analog inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunkumar413

Hi Team,

I'm using
TAS5414C-Q1 IC for audio amplifier. It has 4 channel analog inputs. I'd like to interface 2 channels from a 3.5 mm jack to these 4 channel inputs. How do I achieve this. Should I parallel the inputs. Is the below pic right way to connect in this regard?

https://ibin.co/3RmrPVBx4Sy5.png

Also the inputs to the analog channels shouldn't exceed 1V. How to limit the input to 1V for all channels using a single potentiometer knob.

Thanks,
Arun

A 3.5mm jack has two channels and a common ground. The datasheet for the amplifier IC shows a series input capacitor for each input (you have none) plus a capacitor from ground of the signal source to pin 18 called IN_M.
You do not show the ground of the jack connected with a series capacitor to the amplifier IC.
The datasheet says the maximum input is 1.9V RMS which is 5.37V p-p.

Since you did not sketch an accurate schematic then you do not know what you are doing and we also do not know what you are doing.

Apologies for the confusion. The sketch is just a block diagram to check with you guys if it's the right way to connect.

We are waiting for you to post a detailed schematic with an audio ground and input capacitors on the amplifier inputs as shown on the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back