Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build my electronic project better

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for a method of building stuff, use the tried and true DIN rail construction technique. Search for DIN rail PCB holder. Also look at www.winford.com and here: www.asi-ez.com

You can see all sorts of building blocks. DIN rail is essentially an erector set for building of electronics controls. The bottom of a flange mounted enclosure has a 1/4" piece of aluminum in it. You tap a few holes for the rail and that's all you need. There are still reason to say tap holes to mount a transformer. Then for fun, you use wiring duct to route the wires. I did build electronics instruments using that method and it worked out well.

DIN terminal blocks might be hard to understand at first because one end is open. A block of terminals gets an "end plate". You secure the bunch with screw locked end stops. There are partition plates if you want to separate groups of terminals. The terminals have levels. You can buy jumpers for the terminals.

DIN rail is essentially an erector set for building of electronics controls.
Yep, we use it all the time in industrial / machine tool stuff we build.

What you call ducting is trunking in the UK, but same use in this context - eg.

IMG_8157.JPG IMG_8160.JPG

when i solder i will wrap my phone wire(i got a roll of phone wire laying around that i use for projects, handles current nicely and small enough to fit through the holes) around the board for security, then wrap the wire tip around the 2mm of pin sticking out once so it is a u shape, squeeze it tight with needle nose, if possible fold the leg over the u-turn in the wire, solder it down , then trim the wire to the length of the bus + 1, fold the other end of wire around the other leg same way and solder that down, first i solder my busses node by node, then ground, then power . Then mark pin1 on each bus. Its not much less on wire, but a bit cleaner and easier to change out and debug peripherals without biasing errors.
A board for a project like above would take about half a day for me and note not everything goes on the main board such as those grey wires feeding relay or anything not practical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back