Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how does a electronic muscle stimulator work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a google search for 'Electronic muscle stimulator' and you will find all you wish to know about how they work.

i'm asking you guys how they work not google

i've done that already all i get is company pages, sales and stuff, i just want a simple explanation on how they work, oh and a circuit diagram would be nice too. hehe
thanks

basicly, muscles are controlled, like most of the body by electric signals that come from the brain via the nerves. so to contract a muscle you need to aply a high ....but not so hight, voltage to 2 electrodes a a distance of a few centimiters(2-3). i have seen lots of circuits that use a simple transistor and a transformer to generate the high voltage, and it was connected directly to the battery...but this way you can generate lots of energy that it is transferred to the muscle and that is dangerous...
i will go to charging a small value cap and the discharging it trough the transformer......much safer, because you know what it the maximum energy that is transferred to the muscle....
hope now you have less questions then you had before reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back