Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does a buffer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• logic buffers.PNG
    logic buffers.PNG
    10.2 KB · Views: 156
ok, what the difference in tri state??
Ask your teacher!
Tri state disconnects the outputs of a logic device so that a signal buss can be used by many devices. Only one device has its tristate output enabled at a time.

In last year i uses many transistor, whose output was shorted to same but the input signal were from different source ( output was 7 segment displays and input was counters this was for my EVM ), when i need output i give saturate the transistor, it was very hard to use so many transistors.

that mean now i can use tri state IC's for this??

Most people use a 7-segment decoder/driver IC to drive an LED display. A CD4511 IC is popular.

Useless long thread

Sorry to all contributing here.

This kind of never-ending thread where basic questions are posed one after the other are just a waste of time / bandwith and are not worth the time spent in reading them after a future search.

All the time worth just typing every question is much better spent in using Google or one of the so many tutorials available through the Web.

Ritesh, my honest questions:

Are you going to keep asking like this for how long?

What you will do if one day find yourself with no access to Internet?

Do you think that you are learning something this way?

I am afraid that he is kind of a troll making the contributors to waste time / patience.

[MODNOTE]Deleted Off Topic[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back