Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you open the vent caps on these interstate batteries:

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
1629430321305.png

MT-78, That's what happens when your not paying attention.
The the oval vents on the sides?
want to do a hygrometer check.

Voltage is 12V, won;t start.
Kinda makes a little noise when you try to start it.
Alternator light blinked a little. Turned engine off. tried to restart. nada.

I'd try gently prying under the vent tubes on the central strip.

That is a "flooded" battery rather than sealed, according to the Interstate site; however if has lost enough electrolyte for that to cause a problem, the plates will be wrecked anyway.

After getting it jumped nearly every light came on:
track off, air bag, ABS, BRAKE, no gauges, windows would not work, Alternator light indicator, No check engine codes.
This morning, it may have gotten a check engine light,
Rough idle. No acceleration.
Noticed last night that the AC compressor was turning on/off.
I got the dx.

I would sugest you replace the battery before you do damage to your vehicles electronics.

The vent top center piece snaps ON. It will pop off with a screw driver. That type battery is a no maintenance battery. I worked with Interstate battery Louisville KY years ago, I been in their factory many times. They make good batteries. If battery won't charge it is probably bad. Green top is usually sonic welded to black box.

a badly sulphated cell would cause what you are describing. you will get full battery voltage but no current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back