Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you make a radio jammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no cheap ways. There are some expensive ways. They may even involve a long vacation in the penitetiary. Fahgeddaboudit

Yes, there are cheap ways to generate strong wide band RF noise. A lot depends on the range it has to cover. However because deliberate interference is against the laws of most civilized countries I will not be the one to help you with it. I'm sure the web has plenty of suggestions, some effective, many not, and again all illegal.

Lefty

The cheapest way to stop people from making loud music at odd hours is to call the cops.
If you're stoned or have anything illegal nearby, do NOT call the cops.

what makes you think that if you jam his radio...he wont try using one of those newfangled Compact Disc thingies that I hear the kids talking so much about.
I think my dads old drill is still around, it could add hash across a wide spectrum from a kilometer away

Last edited:
Not really blueroom, considering any form of 'radio' jamming (IE blocking RF signals) is illegal in well just about any country I can think of.

so, here's how it works.... you build a huge tesla coil in your back yard, and fire it up when your neighbor is listening to his stereo. he then calls the police and if he's feeling up to it "uncle charlie" (the FCC). you then get a knock at the door, and get arrested for building an "Infernal Machine" (or one of a hundred other legal terms that describe a scary high voltage contraption), and spend a few days in the greybar motel. you then come home and find a nice letter from uncle charlie asking you for a donation of $10,000.00, or you can take a nice vacation at uncle charlie's greybar hotel. or you build a power oscillator with the signal purity of an open sewer pipe. your neighbor's stereo goes silent. unfortunately you are also jamming an air traffic controller talking down a 15yr old boy who has just taken over the controls of his grandpa's (who has had a heart attack while flying) Cessna. the boy can no longer hear the air traffic controller and barely escapes alive as he ditches the plane on the interstate causing a 10 car pileup. the FAA investigates, and finds the triangulation data points to your house as the source of the signal. the FAA calls the FCC and says we have a problem, wanna help? so the nice people from the FAA, FCC, NTSB, FBI, and even the local and state police come over to your house for a nice talk over dinner. again, you get a nice vacation and asked for a few donations.....

do you really want to go to so much trouble for a few fleeting moments of quiet?

this might all sound funny, and i did want to inject a little humor into a very serious subject, but when safety of life is concerned, nobody has a sense of humor. most "jammers" are not transmitting on just one frequency, and can have effects in frequences far removed from the intended target frequency, and that's one reason there are laws against such things. people have died from such "pranks", and so people who use radio for "safety of life" communications have asked for laws to protect their ability to communicate in an emergency. if you build a jammer, do you know where your harmonics (predictable) or worse your intermod products (not so predictable) are showing up in the spectrum? most cities and towns have noise regulations. if you want him to turn his stereo down, invite the local police over to HIS house for a nice talk.......

Last edited:
you forgot to mention one caveat..... the OP might want to bury ALL of HIS OWN electronic gadgets in the back yard in a steel container before setting off his own personal EMP generator...... btw, didn't i see an EMP device in the ACME catalog on the page next to the ACME ATOMIC MAGNET?

one of the links on the google page was to a device that uses a "propellant" (very little difference between a propellant and an explosive.... the difference being one of velocity) to set off an EMP generator, supposedly modeled after a military device. the author of the article fails to mention that the real military model is an electromagnet and capacitor surrounded by a high explosive like C4, and the thing works by collapsing the coil in a microsecond. it also has enough explosive force to level a residential area...... yeah, that definitely will silence the neighbors stereo, as well as level the whole block........ definitely within Wile E. Coyote territory...........

Last edited:
unclejed613, that's just additional feature :D .. who need electronic gadgets :D ... and as for the emp, it should be simple to order a TNB from e-bay, get schematic for a detonator from some where users are less aware and remote detonate it... the TN blast will for sure create EMP that will disable the neighbours noise producing device :D :D :D

OP, go get your self earplugs .. they do work

I guess it depends on where you want to jam the radio.
Go round to your friend and jam it up his a...

A true EMP generator, (electro magnetic piles).

JimB
(In frivolous mood)

Or try this approach. "He bro, we are friends right ? Turn your radio down or I am gonna have fun with your sister " ... :)

35 Watt laser. Fire takes priority.

One of these **broken link removed** will be fairly resistant to jamming and even to EMP.

I have got to admire the OP. 21 well chosen, but not grammatically correct, words from a one-post wonder and he gets past the troll filters all the experienced members apply.

Last edited:
Links is broken, the site is smarter than you are =)

find a rabid squirrel and lure it into the local electric substation..... works every time.... last one blacked out 17 states in the western US.......:D

You can have squirrel kebob afterwards too. If you like raw carbon.

One of these https://www.gutenberg.org/files/16593/16593-h/images/image_196.jpg will be fairly resistant to jamming and even to EMP.

I have got to admire the OP. 21 well chosen, but not grammatically correct, words from a one-post wonder and he gets past the troll filters all the experienced members apply.

might have been a troll.... but it was a fun subject while it lasted..... a little levity is good now and then..... i think it was Astronaut Alan Shepard who said "Levity is required for maintaining sanity in a very serious business".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back