Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i do a left, right string commands in pic basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCIcdrz

i need to display a number on 3 7-seg leds

lets say I need to display 186, I need to split the 1 8 6 and desplay them on the displays (using BCD encoding to displays)

im trying to make a 3 segment serial input display

kinda like serial LCDs but for leds

I'll assume you are using C because any math is a pain in assembly.

Digit 1 (the 6) = 186 mod 10
devide 186 by 10 to get 18
Digit 2 = 18 mod 10
devide by 10 to get 1

you can whip up a simple loop to do this sending each digit to the right display.

no, mathematical functions have no continuity between languages.

People, READ the explinations.

the whole thing is you could now implement bmcculla's method in any language.

don't just ask stupid questions!

(in short, of course you can)

7segment

That Anilmus dude is a bit harsh.
I have a bit of code I did (with a lot of help from this forum) that you may be interested in. It took the results from a variable and put it out to 4-7 segment LEDs. I started with a single 7-seg LED and moved up to a pot outputting to the variable and multiplexing the 4-7 segments using 12 outputs. Check out this website.
https://picbasic.com/resources/articles/ledart.htm
My code is in PicBasic Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back