Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i use Blue color pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedo35

Hi,
I bought blue color pcb. Seller told you will use normal paper. After print your pcb scheme you will put on it and under the lamp will pass to blue surface. And you will put the acid and ready. He gave me less information.
Later i searched at internet i found only one web page. here:
DIY Printed Circuit Board Using Photo Etching Method | YourITronics

I dont have uv lamp. Will i take out the blue surface? Can i use normal lamp. Somebody used of this kind of pcb? If yes can you give me more explanations?
Thanks.

Hi vedo,

you don't need an UV-lamp. Any lamp used in shaded areas of buildings for plants has sufficient UV light to expose the "film" on the PCB. (Check out OSRAM Pflanzenlicht)

You need two sheets of glass, one to put underneath the PCB (to make it straight), then put the PCB on top of that glass sheet with the blue film on top. Next put your inverted laser print transparency (toner on top) on top of the blue film and cover with the second glass sheet.

Position the lamp approximately 30cm above the assembly and expose the PCB for about 10 minutes. Then develop the film using "Aetznatron" (7g in one liter of denaturalized water at 30deg), aiding the process by moving the bowl. As soon as all traces start showing up rinse the board with water richly.

Thereafter the PCB is ready for etching. (Check for "clouds" of photoresist and remove them with a scalpel if necessary.)

If you must use a paper print soak the paper with salad oil (using a sponge) to become (partly) transparent and increase exposure time to 20 minutes. Photoresistive PCBs won't work with white paper (nontransparent material) Use the oil on the side where no toner is applied.

Boncuk

i coudnt success. I bought UV florecent lamp. I printed on transparent paper. i put on my blue pcb part. It stayed onder the uv light around 40 min. not progressing. I am sending foto how i did. Help plssss.

Attachments

• blue pcb.jpg
    blue pcb.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 471
blue pcb

Dear Ser!
What is "blue PCB", You have.
I suppose, it is pcb with photo-resist coating, with blue self-adhesive protecting
plastic sheet over."Bungard" is manufacturer of such boards, and I use lot of them.
Before You make exposure to UV light, You must pell-off protective blue sheet.
For exposing, you may use "black-light" lamp. (fluroscent lamp as for
fake monney detection devices).It is long-wave UV light, but ideal for photo resist,
and not harmfull fo eys.I use 3 x 8W on distance 100mm, and 4 Hours exposure.
All is critical, exposure, developing and etching.You must experimenting.
I cut narrow piece of PCB material, and expose (hiding with opaque material),
for 5, 10, 15, 20, minutes, develop and etch, to see results.
NaOH solution is used for developing, but special developer is better,
and safer in any way.
T.D.

I use 3 x 8W on distance 100mm, and 4 Hours exposure

T.D.

Are you sure about 4 hours of exposure time? I normally use 6 X 15W at about the same distance with a maximum exposure time of 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Bungard photoresist PCB material is pretty consistent and I didn't experience great differences concerning exposure time.

The quality of the PCB depends not only on exposure time, but a great deal on the material used to create the PCB. Even semitransparent carriers make exposure time unpredictable.

A positive transparent film can be made using the semitransparent carrier for a contact copy. Develop and fix the positive film which will be fully transparent and deep black for traces, pads and vias.

Boncuk

i coudnt success. I bought UV florecent lamp. I printed on transparent paper. i put on my blue pcb part. It stayed onder the uv light around 40 min. not progressing. I am sending foto how i did. Help plssss.

Did you develop the PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back