Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i design an asynchronous counter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

betti

hello everyone,
i need to design an automatic attendance system for my digital logic design project.. i am stuck at the counter. have 8 students whose attendence is to be counted for the whole week. whenever a student enters his roll# circuit has to add 1 to the previous number which corresponds to the number of time that roll# has been entered previously..
can any one help me with this??

Need a little more info: just one counter? how high do you want it to count? how will you display or otherwise access the count? advance count by pushbutton?

yess, only counter, will display the count on 7-segment display. and counts will be advances by a push button..

Need a little more info: just one counter? how high do you want it to count? how will you display or otherwise access the count? advance count by pushbutton?

since i have to design it for a week so the count should be from 0-7

how can i use 74LS90 for as counter going from 0>1>2>3>4>5>6>7>0... using push button for advanced counters.. is there any other IC which can be used for the same purpose??

how can i use 74LS90 for as counter going from 0>1>2>3>4>5>6>7>0... using push button for advanced counters.. is there any other IC which can be used for the same purpose??
hi,
There are many different types of IC that can do counting.

is there any other IC which can be used for the same purpose??

There are several. I would be looking at the 74192 BCD Up/Down family. I assume this is a school assignment so were any counters suggested?

Ron

no, its basically a semester project of digital logic design.. i am designing an attendence system for a class of 8 students.. the student enters his rol# which is converted into binary (3 bit) which is then put into a decoder to get 8 outputs.. after this, to count for the time any rol# is entered and display the count on 7 segment i need to design a counter...

no, its basically a semester project of digital logic design.. i am designing an attendence system for a class of 8 students.. the student enters his rol# which is converted into binary (3 bit) which is then put into a decoder to get 8 outputs.. after this, to count for the time any rol# is entered and display the count on 7 segment i need to design a counter...

hi,
If a binary LED display is OK, get 4 dual, 4bit binary counters, you need also 24 LED's and resistors etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back