Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How are you managing with the Covid-19 pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the Dutch do the kissing thing as well, but I think they do it twice and the French three times?.

Yes, but the Dutch give something give something more like air-kisses. The Italians really greet a person.

38230A92-E0C6-4C66-84FF-E8F9D687898E.jpeg

It's got nothing to do with kissing which will become blatantly obvious as the US overtakes all other countries. It's about inaction.

Mike.

It's got nothing to do with kissing which will become blatantly obvious as the US overtakes all other countries. It's about inaction.

Mike.

Like inaction to stop people from practicing close face-to-face contact when greeting all acquaintances?
I think for Italy, we'll eventually find some cultural difference that made Covid-19 much more deadly there than rest of Europe.
ItalyWBC.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Time will tell.

Mike.
The US is easier to understand: Gross incompetence coupled with too much focus on Hope vs Action, Economy vs Lives, US Businesses vs Proven globally used testing technology,

Did I miss anything?

The US is easier to understand: Gross incompetence coupled with too much focus on Hope vs Action, Economy vs Lives, US Businesses vs Proven globally used testing technology,

Did I miss anything?
You forgot ignorance of scientifically-proven facts.

Last edited:
Actually, I was referring to some of my own friends and family who deny the severity of the situation and have passed along misleading and downright wrong information. That was not permission to make the thread more political than it already was, as that is off-topic for this discussion. Please edit your post to remove the political aspects :)

That was not permission to make the thread morePlease edit your post to remove the political aspects :)

I removed the few bits of political comments in my previous post.

Actually, I was referring to some of my own friends and family who deny the severity of the situation and have passed along misleading and downright wrong information.
That, unfortunately, has been all too common-place. Not just within the general populace, but from those who are meant to lead and advise us.

Most of the posts since #19 would either be deleted or get you a ban over at AAC!

Interestingly, AAC keeps sending me emails about all of their great content. I've tried to unsubscribe several times with no luck.

In lockdown here, which sucks because I can't even persue my hobby of landscape photography. I am doing some experimental photography at home, but there is not much worth photographing in my flat lol

In lockdown here, which sucks because I can't even persue my hobby of landscape photography. I am doing some experimental photography at home, but there is not much worth photographing in my flat lol

if you go to some ultra-close-up photography, it is amazing how carpet can look like a a sand dune, or you can see the crystal grains in coins, or the moss on a window sill can looks like its own forest...

the trick is using a tripod and delayed release so your finger doesn't bump the camera - even a little bit.

Interestingly, AAC keeps sending me emails about all of their great content.

How soon they forget. I forgot to put in my post #32, "ask me how I know".

Gopher, the same guy's get away with the same stuff there. Bet they don't say that in their emails.

How soon they forget. I forgot to put in my post #32, "ask me how I know".

Gopher, the same guy's get away with the same stuff there. Bet they don't say that in their emails.

You're darn right the same guy's get away with the same stuff there. It's nice having incriminating photos of the reptilian elite.

Actually, I have plenty of projects to keep me busy but this came to mind this morning.
Flowers on the Wall
I keep hearin' you're concerned about my happiness
But all that thought you're givin' me is conscience I guess
If I was walkin' in your shoes, I wouldn't worry none
While you 'n' your friends are worried about me I'm havin' lots of fun
Countin' flowers on the wall
That don't bother me at all
Playin' solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' captain kangaroo
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do
Last night I dressed in tails, pretended I was on the town
As long as I can dream it's hard to slow this swinger down