Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hourly circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfts

Newbieee - Hourly circuit

Dear Friends,

I am no electrical person. Just out of curiosity, i want to design a circuit for an alarm clock.

A day has 24 hrs, but i want the alarm to ring only 16 hrs. For the rest 8 hrs, i would want it to remain silent. Here is a simple qbasic program i wrote for myself but don't know how to implement it, and with what ic's. For you guys, it might be a very simple design :)

do
for i=1 to 24
if i > 16, alarm=0 else alarm=1
next i
loop

I would appreciate if you can help me. Thanks

Last edited:
What you just did, was writing some general pseudo code.
Where is the wait routine?

What about just using a regular timer. Some of those should do the job.

Dear Friends,

I am no electrical person. Just out of curiosity, i want to design a circuit for an alarm clock.

A day has 24 hrs, but i want the alarm to ring only 16 hrs. For the rest 8 hrs, i would want it to remain silent. Here is a simple qbasic program i wrote for myself but don't know how to implement it, and with what ic's. For you guys, it might be a very simple design :)

do
for i=1 to 24
if i > 16, alarm=0 else alarm=1
next i
loop

I would appreciate if you can help me. Thanks

Before I forget you may want to give this a read. The link hits on timing functions using QBasic.

You really aren't providing much information as to your goal(s). For example turning an output of a device on for 16 hours and off for 8 hours is one thing. However, turning on that same device on at 8 am and off at 12am is another story. In the latter we are tying the start / stop times to actual time of day. The latter becomes more complicated.

<EDIT> Grossel and Blueroom beat me to it. </EDIT>

Yes, a simple store bought timer is a simple solution.

Ron

Last edited:
it doesnot have a clock integrated in it.
What i meant was, when the device receives a signal, probably 3volts, it goes high for 16 times, and goes low for the rest 8 times.
I need someone to help me design a circuit.

Last edited:
I have an alarm clock with me, but it keeps ringing alarm every hour.
I was just thinking, i'd put a circuit inbetween so that i can stop the alarm for those lazy 8 hrs

duh! i'll just slide this circuit inbetween those alarm speakers. the clock works on 3v

duh! i'll just slide this circuit inbetween those alarm speakers. the clock works on 3v
Duh, - Frankly speaking. Just get a new clock. They're cheap those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back