Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hostile members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippie

Why is it so many folk on here are so hostile....?

There seems to be a lot of hostility from some of the membership or is it me being over sensitive? and I'm generalising here, not just posts or threads with my name on...

I'd rather not name names but there are a few who choose to have a very curt manner when it comes to replying to various posts....

Maybe its my British upbringing in being polite....

Discuss....

Maybe its time I took a leave of abscence again!

Last edited:
culture and perceived attitudes plus personal sensitivity, knowledge, and experience or lack there of have everything to do with how we each view and understand what we read.

But yes its typically a bit tense around here. The wide range of personal tastes, views, knowledge, and cultural upbringing sort of just has that overall effect.

Whats offensive to one group is not even an issue with another. Add the personal views of each and every person to that and its even more complex.

I think your post was in reference to the thread I just started.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/sheer-stupidity.100633/

I've run across this in more than one form on the net where people associate a simple set of words with a perceived emotional response, and it is very culturally dependent. Remember, these are just words on a screen and not a verbal or visual conversations with a real person where body language and audio tone will give you clues to the intention.

If you perceive a slight in a comment ASK, you have to be very deliberate in a text only format.
Authors of books spends YEARS attempting to construct emotional responses using words and judgeing by the number of failed authors out there, not many of them really succeed =)

lol Chippie, I think I've said it 3 times now, I was not being hostile, if you perceived that then you were mistaken. Being I'm the one that wrote the words I should know my own intent, we're not friends we're fellow members of a forum but I'm as I was before perfectly friendly towards you =)

lol.
ummm
**broken link removed**

Hopefully that link stays active for a while =)

lol.
ummm
**broken link removed**

Hopefully that link stays active for a while =)

Hey, let go! Don't you see his hand has turned pale already? :D

Last edited:
Why is it so many folk on here are so hostile....?

There seems to be a lot of hostility from some of the membership or is it me being over sensitive? and I'm generalising here, not just posts or threads with my name on...

I'd rather not name names but there are a few who choose to have a very curt manner when it comes to replying to various posts....

Maybe its my British upbringing in being polite....

Discuss....

Maybe its time I took a leave of abscence again!

I think you are being overly sensitive and emotional, but I live on the other side of the pond. Words hold no power of themselves, the reader is the one who empowers them. If you read something, that leads you to believe the author is being hostile, abusive, condescending, or anything else, you, the reader doesn't have share the authors poor manners or bad mood. Clearly the author has problems, why let that spoil your day, it's his problem.

On the other thread, he did state it clearly in the OP, you missed it, shouldn't have pressed the hostility thing. Sometimes people have other thing on their minds, and it bleeds over. I think most of us here in the US, are a little uptight these days. Not sure how much of the news, about how our new President is raping our economy, and poised to destroy Health Care for many, but got a hunch many of us are greatly concerned about how the new year will start. Many have already lost their jobs and businesses, and this Health Care Reform, will add quite a few more, as it doesn't really address the cost of health care (doctor's bill), just who is going to pay for it, and it encourages more people to run up huge bills. America is holding their breath, a very bad 'change' is months away. We are all a little edgy these days.

...I think most of us here in the US, are a little uptight these days. Not sure how much of the news, about how our new President is raping our economy, and poised to destroy Health Care for many ... a very bad 'change' is months away. We are all a little edgy these days.

It is funny reading these type comments in the different forums and communities. Some time in the future you will look back and will see a different picture that you do now. Your fears of the unknown has gripped you guys and it is interesting watching how the different groups react.

Our President here in South Africa Jacob Zuma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was elected in April and leading up to his election some of us were reacting like you guys. 7 months down the line, I laugh a bit at how our fears freaked us out. Oh, and our President has been in court facing rape charges.

Re our bad change - things have improved a bit from how the last guy left it. Perhaps you guys are only noticing the mess on your side now?

So ... Relax.

There are lots of members who's posts I just skip over these days. They are rarely helpful, but always quick with a caustic quip about someone's questions or musings. They offer egos instead of solutions.

It is funny reading these type comments in the different forums and communities. Some time in the future you will look back and will see a different picture that you do now. Your fears of the unknown has gripped you guys and it is interesting watching how the different groups react.

Exactly.
You all remember when the world as we know it ended on January 1 2000 right? :D

They are rarely helpful, but always quick with a caustic quip about someone's questions or musings.

Very true but then you could just think of them as the acid in the battery of life! :rolleyes:

Our President here in South Africa Jacob Zuma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was elected in April and leading up to his election some of us were reacting like you guys. 7 months down the line, I laugh a bit at how our fears freaked us out. Oh, and our President has been in court facing rape charges.

Re our bad change - things have improved a bit from how the last guy left it. Perhaps you guys are only noticing the mess on your side now?

So ... Relax.

Our President has mostly been spending billions of dollars to help companies, that probably would have done fine without, and most likely would be managing their own business practices better, instead of continuing as they have been. I see a lot of spending, but not much on the bulk of the population. Lots of people losing their jobs, businesses closing their doors, empty houses all over the neighborhood, and more fighting foreclosure. People working, pay taxes, other wise they are getting money from the government (public assistance), more spending, less going back in.

Surprised that some of our Presidents haven't been accused of rape/sodomy, guess they paid the victims well. Bill Clinton was the closest, but it wasn't rape, he just lied to the highest court in the country about his 'indiscretions', which should have been dealt with more harshly.

Clinton did not lie to the highest court in the country. That's plain false and dishonest.

Its amazing how this thread has evolved from the original topic.....

**** chat threads almost always degrade into political discussions or flame wars at some point =0 Especially ones with the main topic begin hostilitiy <chuckle>

Personally I think we need a 'mosh pit' sub section on **** chat. :rolleyes:

18 and older can enter and from there its a no holds bared down and dirty act like a spoiled egotistical child and scream profanities at each other type of area. The personal attacks, religious and political fights, plus the views on environmental and safety related issues would be a hoot! :eek:

Bring your ego and attitude but leave common sense, rational logic and proof of reasonings at the door. :D:D

Don't we already do that tcm?

Clinton did not lie to the highest court in the country. That's plain false and dishonest.

Could have sworn he stood in front of Congress, and clearly state that he didn't have sexual relations, with that woman, Miss Lewinsky... Later, a blue dress, stained with the presidential seed, was produced. Was tired of listening to him lying, before he got elected, so maybe I missed a few things over the many months that whole thing was drawn out, but didn't he finally admit to the [WORD CENSORED]oral gratification?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back