Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All the Members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also thinking that. The forum has more than 170,000 registered account, exactly 176,186 till now. Many people have been expired, many left the forum, many even do not remember they were registered here. However they are the members here according to counter. It should be categorized by Active member and passive member. Some people ask (search) in Google and if they found a link of any forum, then they create an account there, just to see images (if images were not allowed to see to guest) posted there and ask some questions. After then they forget about the forum and their account. I am also registered to many forums. Except Edaboard, I forgot all. I am also became passive member of Edaboard till now.

It's amazing that I found Audioguru to many many forums and in every forums, he have posted more than 20,000 messages to every forums (30,424 messages here in ETO)! I don't know how he manages all the questions and replies without feeling bore! :)

About 6 weeks ago, tvtech said:

Hi all. Some checking today....so many people that left for whatever reason. Some really good old threads I checked out...I cannot believe how active people were then...one post maybe then bye...

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/reduce-5-volts-to-3-volts-suggestions.26113/

I am not sure exactly what point you are trying to make there TV.
so many people that left for whatever reason
As with all things in life, it changes, always has and always will.

one post maybe then bye
One think that really grips my bits are the one post wonders.
Ask one badly worded question and then disappear for ever, maybe never even reading the replies.

The thread which you linked to, that has to be a defining The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Messers Eastwood, Wallach and VanCleef would be proud of it.
Resurrected after many years by a one post wonder giving WRONG INFORMATION.
Hey ho, that is the way it goes.

Another dull grey cloudy July day in North East Scotland. :(

JimB

The funny part is the "Thread" was from an OP in 2006 and has been resurrected three times since it's first appearance.

kv

The funny part is the "Thread" was from an OP in 2006 and has been resurrected three times since it's first appearance.

From the same OP?

The nature of any Q&A forum is the vast majority are one and done ... I know the OP can have multiple postings in a one question thread, if they stick around and not just expect an answer to appear.

The owners are the only one who can look at their real data. Since closing the membership list no one external to the site can view the total membership's posting profile. This site follows the generic pattern outlined in "internet culture".

I am old and am retired so every day is a Saturday and I can do whatever I want whenever I want. So I chat on some electronic forums.
Many students register on a forum and post only a single thread then never come back. Then the others in the same class do the same thing.

My wife understood that I liked my electronics engineering job so much that I even did it at home on evenings and weekends. Now my hobby is electronics and I still participate in it and my wife allows it.
Our son wants me to help him fix a TV he found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back