Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homemade PIC Programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All
Concerning the bootloader, does it make a difference which bootloader
I use? Or are they all the same?

Thanks
Gordon

Joel Rainville said:
Well, how many have you found?!

You need an actual ICD2 bootloader, one that MPLAB will recognize. There's one for the 16F877, and one for the 16F876 included with your MPLAB installation.

If you're using a 16F876A, there's an updated bootloader circulating (see attached).

I think you can use the 16F877 bootloader with the 16F877A, but don't quote me on that.

I built mine with a 16F876A and the attached bootloader.
You are not quite right.
There are two bootloaders, one for 16F876/16877 (can be found in MPLAB dirrectory) and the one for 16F876A/16F877A (that 661.hex you attached).
It doesn't matter if you use 876 or 877 in your design (only that 876 is smaller), it works the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back