Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homemade Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, IMHO. I learned about cars and airplanes by taking working models apart, not by trying to build one de novo.

Not that I hadn't at one time planned to build a monoplane version of a Chanute-like glider of my own design. The prospect of me doing something like that was enough to convince my wife that we could "afford" flying lessons.

When you are completely new to something, I believe the best way to learn is to study something that works, rather than things that don't work.

John

Fair point. I suppose it depends on how you learn best. That being said, if someone is asking for help to learn how to build something his or herself, it's hardly appropriate to tell them to just buy one.

All kidding aside, there are many different theories on education. One theory weighs experience; another weighs experience doing it right more. While there is value in the former, which has the advantage of "self-discovery," I prefer the latter with an adequate dose of the former -- the major concern being safety --, rather then the other way around.

Learning to use the library (now Internet) was one of the most useful things I learned in school.

John

You cant beat the smell of solder MMMmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back