Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home made etching tank..what u think

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboss

parts used:

1200Watt adjustable water heater..immerseable..ceramic coated for security against electric hazards or metal corrosion.. built in temprature control system ajdustable via knob...is sold as a replacement part for 30Liter wall mounted water heaters so its no hard to obtain at all..
cost: $13 USD approx

a fiber plastic tray of about 14x14 inches and 4 inches in height..custom made from materials used in making water tanks for houses..raw materials easily obtainable (witstands temps as high as 140C)
cost: $15 USD approx

a low speed high power, high duty cycle motor.. used in airconditioner air swingers, runs as 30 rpm
cost: $10 USD approx

the heater is mounted from the top so that it is immersed in liquid always bit doesnt get in touch with the tray body at all

the motor is mounted on top with the strirrer all immersed in the liquid all the time..

what is good to use as a strirrer.. ??

whole setup runs at 220VAC

tell me what u think.. i would soon start working on it.. (as soon im over with my exams) and would post pics too

Someone posted a link to a $40.00 bubbler with heater and everything. For $40.00 it's hardly worth making your own, unless the parts are almost free. (or I guess if you have to pay for shipping to the UK)

After a quick look around I found the link:

**broken link removed**

DirtyLude said:
Someone posted a link to a $40.00 bubbler with heater and everything. For $40.00 it's hardly worth making your own, unless the parts are almost free. (or I guess if you have to pay for shipping to the UK)

After a quick look around I found the link:

**broken link removed**

im getting everything for free ..from my father workshop.. execpt for the tray which cost me like $4 or $5 to make :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back