Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hockey Table Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

murray

Hello,
I am building a scoreboard for a hockey table. It will have a computer attached to it and will use a 7" lcd tv. What I am wondering is what I can use as a switch to detect the puck as it goes throught the net. I was thinking of using an infrared emitter and detector (like **broken link removed**). I plan on interfacing it into a hacked usb keyboard so that when you score, it hits a key on the keyboard which triggers the software to add a goal.

Will this work?

Thanks

hi all..
plss help us in making an led scoreboard for basket ball...
as we are not vetrans so know very few about electronics...
plss send us an circuit diagram...
plsssssssssssssssss...................

thanx....

sanchvikh
If you have a question of your own, start your own thread.
Dont highjack someone else's thread even though it is a similar topic.

murray

Will this work?

The principle is right. So yes it will work if you do everything you need to.

I once had the idea of making a telephone dialer.
I looked into ways of machanically pressing keys on a telephone, then to using relays to each switch contact....
Then I came to my sences and bypassed all that, because that was all getting a little messy...
I looked into DTMF chips and used a PIC (microcontroller) to control the DTMF chip to generate a Tone, then interfaced it to the phone line and did it that way.
I practically made a telephone minus the handset.

Anyways... the point i wanted to make is with the hacked keybaord, maybe you can look into interfacing stright to the USB port.
I myself have never done this so I cant help you there..
But i know when you press a key on a keyboard, it sends the ASCII character in binary form to the USB.
It would be alot neater and you would learn a lot by doing it that way.

And your idea on using the IR beam is the way to go for counting goals.

Question is... why do you want a computer hooked up to it?

USB protocol can be a pain. Sounds like a project Rube Goldberg would love. Score a goal, a marble falls down a chute, triggers a reed switch than then shocks a monkey in the cage who then starts furiously punching away at a usb keyboard plugged into the computer.

Seriously though, get one of Bill's training boards blueroomelectronics - Smart Kits Build Smart People and skip the keyboard.

jakeselectronics

hi..
sorry 4 the intervention..but m really not geting how to make a new thread....help!!
and plssss... plsss... rply to the previous question....
thanx alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back