Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100 degree heating table

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to piggy-back off of a previous question, sort of.

I need a heating table approx. 100 cubic inches (10 x 5 x 2) that can reach, and possibly hold
100 degree F, with a small aperture outlet, to heat some chemicals to burn off the oxygen contained in some compounds (oxygen not needed and will not comply with the final product). Yes, the chemicals will burn, but must be controlled. Example: Cr2O, only the Cr is needed. I don't want to melt the Cr just yet. I can't chemically crack it in the city.
Any power supply can be built.
Can you help?

Have you tried a simple hot plate? Barring that you need to choose a material to make the plate out of and look at cartridge heaters. You drill the plate and insert the heaters . Decide where and how you want to sense temperature and the plate material as that will determine thermal conduction.

Ron

A basic orange silicone peel and stick pad heater controlled by a PID loop controller with a PT100 thermistor would have no trouble at all getting up to and holding 100 F with good accuracy for as long as you want.

If you want to get into pid cheaply have a look at the arduino, I recently built a crystal oven with one at the pid libarary, it works really well.

Gentlemen, first thank you for responding. I haven't looked into the methods you have described, however, I'm open. The hot plate idea: I have never seen a hot plate that big, but that is not to say they don't exist, I will look into that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back