Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hitachi V355 Scope has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevewaclo

Hello all,

Turned on my Hitachi and was greeted with the smell of smoke. Immediately shut it down.

Visual revealed tiny resistor R1111 (per board) totally baked, with browning of the surrounding PC board and no color code remaining on the burned corpse. No joy on dental records either. Have yet to pull board (pia with front control connections) to check underneath and ohm the few surrounding components.

Extensive (X2) search has produced no schematic or owners manual.

I only paid $75, use it rarely and will likely not replace it, but welcomed having it available. I have basic troubleshooting knowledge and a DVOM.

Where should I begin to bring this equipment back to life?

Thanks

Hey, your name sounds familiar!

Had tried unsuccessfully to download that file before.

As you noted, the schematic is fuzzy, but let's see!

Now go to bed!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back