High power low frequency RF Amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

naumank

Hi all

I am searching some commercially available industrial grade power amplifiers:

1.In the frequency range of 80 KHz to 140 KHz with output power of 2 KW to 50 ohm load in pulsed mode (<10% Duty Cycle

2.In the frequency range of 400 KHz to 450 KHz with output power of 5 KW to 25 ohm load in pulsed mode (<5% Duty Cycle

Kindly help me in suitable selection.

Thanks & Regards

industrial grade power amplifiers
I do not know of anything but I am thinking.
What are you amplifying? Sign wave, pulse, square wave?
1) 300V pk into 50 ohms. (600V p-p) I have used AM broadcast transmitters that can do that. (sign wave only) 100%.

When you say 5% and 10%; Is the output a pulse that is off 90% and on 10% or will the amplifier be used for 1 second and off f10 seconds?

Thanks for reply. I am amplifying sine wave. 5% or 10% means that pulse will be on for 5/10 % and will be off for 90/95% time.

Thanks for reply. I am amplifying sine wave. 5% or 10% means that pulse will be on for 5/10 % and will be off for 90/95% time.

Got that, but how long does the pulse last (duration)?

While lightly off-topic, I couldn't help but notice that your proposed frequency ranges fall into **broken link removed** (pages 2-5).

Where are you located? Are your load(s) dummies or antennae?

If using antennae, pumping out a few kilowatts (even if only a few milliseconds,) can attract a lot of unwanted attention (since it's illegal to do so without a license).

Hi cowboybob

My load is underwater transducer for bottom profiling so it will not cause any illegality.

I googled, "2kW 140 kHz marine chirp amplifiers" and this popped up.

This Garmin chirp amp doesn't meet your exact needs, but should give you an idea of search terms and a price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…