Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does high switching frequency accounts for low accoustic noise levels?
Gonna take a guess here (as ron noted, some more context would be useful):

First I'll assume that by "switching frequency", you mean that of a DC-DC (or AC-DC) power source (PS). And then another assumption is that the PS is supplying an audio circuit.

With those assumptions, high(er) switching frequencies would be, ideally, less likely to interfere with or alter the audio signal(s) being processed, resulting in reduced or eliminated "accoustic noise levels", i.e., harmonics, distortion, etc..

Like I say, a guess.

How does high switching frequency accounts for low accoustic noise levels?
If it switches above the range of human hearing, then you might not hear it but your dog might ;)

Our hearing only goes up to around 20,000 Hz with most people ( far less if you are older) so any frequency above that is basically silent to us beyond any sub harmonics it may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back