Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Higgs and what if?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, perhaps there is some validity to the appelation given the Higgs Boson: the "God" particle (wave, field, "thingy", ...).

Thanks, MrAl. I know more now than I did :D.

Hi again,

Im happy to hear that you did learn something, and i did too by reading up on this stuff. It's pretty amazing.

I almost forgot to mention the unmentionable, gravity, which nobody seems to understand at all yet in it's entirety. The last i heard, one theory says that gravity is a much much stronger force than we experience in our universe normally (would crush a car easy) but we dont experience the whole force because it stems from a different dimension. What does reach us is far reduced in power so we dont feel the whole thing, lucky for us :)

And there are a lot of ways of thinking where it seems that there may be more than one way to view the universe and all it's parts.
For example, a house might view itself as being made of bricks, because the bricks are small and putting a bunch of them together we get a house. But that idea stems from the basic reality that we believe to be 'correct', that a larger construction is made from smaller constructions. So following the smaller to larger construction reality the house is correct in it's assumption that it is made out of multiple bricks. But there are other views on how reality might really be.

For example, the house might have been made out of one brick that was stretched out to form a larger construction which might be said to be a house.
Or alternately, the house might be made out of one *single* brick that manifests itself as a larger number of bricks being able to be in more than one place at the same time (quantum non locality).

Amazing stuff which could actually be true.

Ah yes. Gravity.

Which , interestingly enough, as the most elusive of the "energies", may very well be (as it is said) the most powerful.

It affects everything...

Can't help but compare it to a catalyst, i.e., is not altered in or by a process but contributes to the process occuring (I'm thinking of a Higgs Boson acquiring mass).

Was listening to NPR (yeah, I know...) yesterday and there was a physicist who's written a book titled, "The particle at the End the Universe." by Sean Carroll, that discusses the Higgs Boson (and other stuff, I presume),

Sounded like a layman's (that would be me) approach to the subject and might be worth reading.

As a related review, You might be interested in this site: https://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2012/11/13/a-book-full-of-particles/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back