Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Force on armature in soleniod if it is a magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccurtis

I'm wondering if the force on solenoid armature is greater if the armature is a magnet instead of iron or ferrite, all else being equal and how to quantify any difference.

The force will be modified, but whether it is increased or decreased will depend on the relative polarities and geometry of the magnet and the solenoid field.

Thanks cowboybob! I only scanned the link about the magnet armature, but it answers the first part of my question and certainly leads me to the second part. My search didn't find anything on the topic.

alec-t., granted the plunder would have to installed in the proper orientation for increased force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back