Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

  • Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi need help on old post

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

Member
Any of you guys remember the post with a link to a video of a guy who gets electrocuted on the top of a train, I believe it was in India. I just need to prove an argument with a friend. He does not think that train electrics are that dangerous.
 

PatM

Member
Any of you guys remember the post with a link to a video of a guy who gets electrocuted on the top of a train, I believe it was in India. I just need to prove an argument with a friend. He does not think that train electrics are that dangerous.

Why didn't you just go to you tube and do a search for :"electrocuted on top of a train"
It came up as the first pick when I did it.
I would post the link, but you could have done the same yourself.
 

rmn_tech

Member
sorry Pat tried that did not get the result.

Sorry tried in google not you tube will try now.

Thanks for your reply.

Rick
 

blueroomelectronics

Well-Known Member
Wow, what happened to the fellow? Did some fool turn on the power while he was working? Notice the hardhat didn't help.
This appears to explain it.
He didn't get electrocuted. He got burned by the flash. This is what's called metal-clad switchgear. It's a circuit breaker that "plugs" in. He was "racking it
out", turning a handle to slowly "unplug" it. It's supposed to be denergized first, but just like if you pull a plug out of the wall when your appliance is still on and you draw an arc, these will draw a very large arc if you don't turn them off first. The dangerous thing about metal-clad switchgear is that the connections are in the back of the circuit breaker, so you cannot 100% tell that they are in the clear before you remove it. You have to depend on an indicator window that sometimes malfunctions.
That's likely what happened here.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles

Loading
Top