Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi Guys... I'm Annie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Electro-tech-online, and Enjoy your time here!

Also, what kind of electronics do you do? frequency, robotics, etc?

Let's see....what kind of electronics do I do? Lol! I'm currently making little DC circuits, playing with my multimeter and scope and figuring out how things work, heh :)....I also just recently got my amateur radio license so I'm learning about RF stuff....I may not know much, but I learn a little every day!

Annie :)

Well, why not try using the 555 timer oscillator? It is a fun little chip that can get you use to electronics! I am currently building a lot of circuits off it. Click on my kpsec.freeuk link for more.

Souper man said:
Well, why not try using the 555 timer oscillator? It is a fun little chip that can get you use to electronics! I am currently building a lot of circuits off it. Click on my kpsec.freeuk link for more.

It's funny you should mention the kpsec site! I already built the little continuity checker on there...lol....

I took a trip to Radio Shack yesterday and bought a timer chip and some transistors...they should keep me busy for a few days!

Glad that you go to that site!

Also, try not to buy from radioshack. Their stuff is overpriced and can be defective. Try www.jameco.com and www.mouser.com their stuff is cheaper and works better!

P.S. What are you going to build?

Jameco is great. I also like www.mpja.com. They have some very good deals, but do not have nearly as much as jameco has. I just got a 100ft cat5-e cable from mpja for $10!!!!!!!! :D Also got 100 leds for $2. ;)

Souper man said:
Glad that you go to that site!

Also, try not to buy from radioshack. Their stuff is overpriced and can be defective. Try www.jameco.com and www.mouser.com their stuff is cheaper and works better!

P.S. What are you going to build?

Sold! I'll have to either stock up on some specific things in advance or get over my need for immediate gratification, lol.

My next thing I'm going to build is The Ruby

If it works out okay on the bread board I'll put in a box and actually use it as a little practice amp when I'm on the road....

I'm also going to try doing some mods I found online for my Boss DS-1 distortion pedal....

What I'd really like to do is make a Tesla Coil or Jacob's Ladder for the party we are having on July 10 to celebrate Tesla's birthday....but I admit, the high voltage transformers scare me...lol....I may just make some homemade leyden jars...they are a lot safer!

You guys are great, thanks for the advice!

Tucson Annie said:
Sold! I'll have to either stock up on some specific things in advance or get over my need for immediate gratification, lol.

My next thing I'm going to build is The Ruby

The Ruby is a 'proper design', the 'little gem' was put together by someone who knew nothing about amplifiers, electronics, or probably anything else? - it's truely horrible!.

The Ruby is connected properly, and should cost less than the 'little gem' because it doesn't have the stupid expensive rheostat.

No need to breadboard it, get it built, thrown in a box, and get it on the road! :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
No need to breadboard it, get it built, thrown in a box, and get it on the road! :D

If you carry on like this some people may get confused and think you have a sense of humour.:D

Mike.

hi how are you?

hi......... annie by the way iam from phil. can you help about my design project

Phil,

I'm sorry, I just saw this...I haven't been on the site for a bit, because I'm in the middle of recording an album....what project are you designing?

Annie

Tucson Annie said:
I'm sorry, I just saw this...I haven't been on the site for a bit, because I'm in the middle of recording an album....what project are you designing?

Nice to see you back Annie! - good luck with the album, have you got a recording contract, or are you self recording?.

We're doing it ourselves...we're so treating it like a business this time around....I went the record company way last time and it was nothing but phony people, big promises and lots of bull, heh....

I've just had my head in the project nonstop for weeks....it's turned me into a night person! I used get up at the crack of dawn, and now I work all night and sleep till noon, lol....I'm writing the songs, learning the software (Sonar 6) and recording tracks for the guys in my band to rehearse their parts to....it's so fun....

Good to talk to you, Nigel....

:)

Tucson Annie said:
We're doing it ourselves...we're so treating it like a business this time around....I went the record company way last time and it was nothing but phony people, big promises and lots of bull, heh....

I've just had my head in the project nonstop for weeks....it's turned me into a night person! I used get up at the crack of dawn, and now I work all night and sleep till noon, lol....I'm writing the songs, learning the software (Sonar 6) and recording tracks for the guys in my band to rehearse their parts to....it's so fun....

My daughter is lucky that she took an OCN (a recognised qualification) in Sound Engineering the other year at a small local studio - and is currently volunteering there as a recording engineer. It's a 24 track digital studio, with seperate live and electronics rooms, plus a small sound booth. They have a drum set (or two), piano, amps etc. (even guitars) - everything you need.

So she can get cheap recording time there! - as it's part of the local council youth service, it's dead cheap for kids anyway (£5 per hour I think?).

She was 17 on Tuesday, and started 6th form (year 12) today - one of the courses she's taking is Music Technology, which includes midi and sound recording - and they have a newly build studio specially for this new course they started offering just a year ago :D

So recording wise she's pretty well set up!.

However, from your picture I suspect you wouldn't like each others music?, although I may be stereotyping you because of the cowboy hat?.

Good luck with your recording, and I'm sure we'd all be pleased to have a link to listen to a sample when it's done? - although (stereotyping again!) I suspect it's not my style either? :rolleyes:

Ah, the cowboy hat...lol...That's cuz I moved to Tucson, AZ....heh...I'm really a rock and roller from California and New York City....I was in a popular local ska/pop band in New York and before that I did a lot of pop rock stuff and blues in the San Francisco Bay Area...now I'm stuck in boring Tucson, lol...

I mainly write hooked up pop songs...catchy lyrics and melodies...toe tapping music...

I'm recording most of the tracks with Sonar and my Les Paul...though I'll probably take the project to a studio for the vocals to take advantage of expensive mics, lol....

I will definitely link up some tunes when they get farther along.....

Tucson Annie said:
Ah, the cowboy hat...lol...That's cuz I moved to Tucson, AZ....heh...I'm really a rock and roller from California and New York City....I was in a popular local ska/pop band in New York and before that I did a lot of pop rock stuff and blues in the San Francisco Bay Area...now I'm stuck in boring Tucson, lol...

Right :p

The hat and your location led me to an incorrect conclusion!.

I mainly write hooked up pop songs...catchy lyrics and melodies...toe tapping music...

I'm recording most of the tracks with Sonar and my Les Paul...though I'll probably take the project to a studio for the vocals to take advantage of expensive mics, lol....

I will definitely link up some tunes when they get farther along.....

Just got the live CD from MusicX 2007 (a yearly randomly generated band week), Melissa was in a band with five other members (three of whom she had never met before) - their last song "Dave Is A Space Marine" really rocks, and even has the keyboard player rapping - don't knock it, it really rocks. Dave is a friend of hers, and she wrote the song about him! (it's his role playing character).

I heard some of her stuff before...you gave me a link...pretty amazing for a kid, lol....obviously you are a great dad! Teaching her the important things in life....

I'll have some rough stuff for you to listen to by the end of the weekend...I'm going to spend a bunch of time recording over the next 4 days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back