Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just starting out in this site and can see how the title most times would help us realise where the information being posted is coming from so for keeping the titles would be beneficial but maybe including something in the posting guidelines to state that the title of a forum member is not always an indicaion of there electronics knowledge could save a newbie like myself taking some bad info

Daniel James said:
just starting out in this site and can see how the title most times would help us realise where the information being posted is coming from so for keeping the titles would be beneficial but maybe including something in the posting guidelines to state that the title of a forum member is not always an indicaion of there electronics knowledge could save a newbie like myself taking some bad info
Jeez, Daniel, I hate getting into the whole grammar/English thing all over again (which is happening on a couple of other threads), but I had to read your post 3 times before I understood what you were trying to say. You seriously need to include punctuation and capitalization if you want people to respond to you in a way other than this. :(

No worries. I havn't posted on a chat forum before. I'll give it another go for you Ron.

Hi, i'm just starting out in this site and can see how the title, more often than not, would help us realise where the information being posted is coming from. Therefor keeping the titles would be beneficial. Maybe including something in the posting guidelines about the titles would be helpful. just something stating that the titles are not always an indication of the level of knowledge a forum member might have.

Ok, now that we got that cleared up, what does that mean? I am not the best at decoding other people's lingo. :)

Daniel James said:
No worries. I havn't posted on a chat forum before. I'll give it another go for you Ron.

Hi, i'm just starting out in this site and can see how the title, more often than not, would help us realise where the information being posted is coming from. Therefor keeping the titles would be beneficial. Maybe including something in the posting guidelines about the titles would be helpful. just something stating that the titles are not always an indication of the level of knowledge a forum member might have.
Way cool. :)
But the titles still mean nothing, except how many posts the member has made.

Marks256 said:
Ok, now that we got that cleared up, what does that mean? I am not the best at decoding other people's lingo. :)

gees if I said that in Australia no one would "bat an eyelid" which means it is "pretty straight forward". I'll will have to remember to make sure the lingo I use is easy to understand. Anyway just a suggestion.

Oh, i see. I thought you were talking about the subjects of the threads. Ok, my bad.

<OFF SUBJECT> This is my 200th post! :) Break out the champaign! I should through a party. How does a w/LAN party sound? Battlefield 1942? Deus EX? Call of duty 1? Your choice!</OFF SUBJECT>

Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:
Only partially so!, because if you did that the moderators would delete your posts, and probably ban you as well!.

So that makes me a LEGAL novice.

If members would list their location under their avatar, many of us would better understand their poor grasp of English and sentence structure. Otherwise, we should assume that they can communicate effectively.

Marks256 said:
<OFF SUBJECT> This is my 200th post! :) Break out the champaign! I should through a party. How does a w/LAN party sound? Battlefield 1942? Deus EX? Call of duty 1? Your choice!</OFF SUBJECT>
1. throw...

Ron H said:
2. champagne... (Sorry, Marks256. This is really a dig at _nox_ for missing it.) :D
correct - i didn't know how champagne is written in english. thanks for increasing my knowledge.

I guess the spell check i am using isn't so hot? Oh well, you knew what i was saying. :)

Marks256 said:
I guess the spell check i am using isn't so hot? Oh well, you knew what i was saying. :)

1. temporal inconsistency - we still know it.

Nox, why is it you that correct Marks256, but generally don't capitalize the first word of a sentence? Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

Ron H said:
Nox, why is it you that correct Marks256, but generally don't capitalize the first word of a sentence? Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
first word capitalization is not really necessary in a forum ( but you are right, of course ) - what makes me mad are misspelled words.

_nox_ said:
first word capitalization is not really necessary in a forum ( but you are right, of course ) - what makes me mad are misspelled words.
In other words, you're a hypocrite. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back