Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjl4

Here I am reading a post and some guy is asking what high impedance is.

That's fine, but I was curious what level of knowledge he had of electronics and just happened to glance at his user name, and lo and behold, he's an electronics master?

Someone here in these forums is'nt doing there job.

You mean to tell me if I post 100 times the word "help", I become a master??

This infuriates me .
How fair is that???
I have spent many dollars just to go to trade school, and worked 12yrs in the field to be known as a beginner???

Can you guys not give a simple online test of the user's knowledge and from there be scored appropriately.

How much mis information is given by so called electronics masters/gods ??
Some of which just spin the questions, endlessly, until a moderator steps in, and gives an answer worth giving.

To have the best forum, and waste it by not actually knowing there members
true knowledge is stupid.

An online test is not too hard to implement, and scoring could all be done automatically by loging in and taking the test or series of tests.

That's my beef for today, Have a good one.

You've been a member for over 2 years. You've posted 120 times. You just now noticed the "titles"?
There is a lot of misinformation posted here. Fortunately, there are a few real experts who tend to correct the BS. Ignore the titles - it's someone's idea of fun, I suppose.
You probably need to go back to bed and get up on the other side. :)

The titles are just part of the forum. They don't mean anything really, and your right, someone could ask for help many times and become a master, but it's not too important. You can figure out who knows thier stuff pretty quickly, just don't use the titles to gauge it :)

I wonder how many postings a member would need to receive the esteemed title of Electronics Whore?:rolleyes:

You appelation might be appropriate except for the little matter of profiting from this activity. It has been my observation that if that is what we are, then we are not very high priced. Possibly high class, but certainly low priced.

Yer just jealous, you Electronics Newbie!:rolleyes: :p

Do I hear thunderclaps overhead? Oh look it's raining frogs and a swarm of locusts can been seen in the far distance!;)

You know you're not the only one who can walk on water. I do it every winter during ice fishing season.

HiTech said:
Do I hear thunderclaps overhead? Oh look it's raining frogs and a swarm of locusts can been seen in the far distance!;)

You know you're not the only one who can walk on water. I do it every winter during ice fishing season.
OK, but who makes the ice??? ;)

hjl4 said:
Someone here in these forums is'nt doing there job.

You mean to tell me if I post 100 times the word "help", I become a master??

This infuriates me .
How fair is that???
I agree, this is the most stupid thing on this forum, but the administrator obivously disagrees so there's no point whining about it.

Ron H said:
OK, but who makes the ice??? ;)
That's easy - Mother Nature:rolleyes:

Although around my home, Maytag makes the ice!

Nigel Goodwin said:
Only partially so!, because if you did that the moderators would delete your posts, and probably ban you as well!.
Aaah I see how it works! If a person is helpless say for 100 times, they get banned. If they are a helper for 100 times, they become an Electronics Master and so on. If they do nothing but bait forum members for worthless information through meaningless requests, they become a Master Baiter.:rolleyes:

:D :D

OK well I am still a novice, after getting an HND and working for 30 years as an electronics tech :).............. LOL IT DONT MEAN NOTHING..........

He is obveously talking about me. I didn't mean to take your thunder from you, but i am just trying to learn. ;) No, it doesn't mean a thing. :) I wouldn't even care if my post count went down to 0, and stayed there. Just as long as i got the help i needed, and gave the help other people need, i will live! :)

Marks256 said:
He is obveously talking about me. I didn't mean to take your thunder from you, but i am just trying to learn. ;) No, it doesn't mean a thing. :) I wouldn't even care if my post count went down to 0, and stayed there. Just as long as i got the help i needed, and gave the help other people need, i will live! :)
To repeat a tired joke -
Call me anything - just don't call me late for dinner. :)

God, I hate explaining jokes.
Yes, bummer. It is kindof a "punch line killer". Very akward memories.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back