Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey kids, here's a fun Subwoofer you can build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... looks like it could double as a swimming pool.....

WTF !!!! Even when finished its still ugly! Is he married and what type of job does he have? Has he ever heard of OCD?

OMG, where is that. I want to sit in that green spot.... That would be my happy place =) With epoxy earplugs and under the assumption the pressure waves wouldn't kill me outright. I could probably tell you the phase shift from right to left channel by the way the hair stood up on my arms =)

I've been to a few raves, always wear earplugs, always stand right in front of the biggest bass speaker I can find. It's like nirvana for me, no drugs needed as long as the sound is clean.

Last edited:
I've been to a few raves, always wear earplugs, always stand right in front of the biggest bass speaker I can find. It's like nirvana for me, no drugs needed as long as the sound is clean.

Seriously, are we related in some way? :eek: :):D

I got that same fettish. Find that sweet spot in a room that makes my vision blurry and am a happy happy guy! :):):)

So far so good.

the aerodynamic design hurts my eyes.

Bill, are you going to offer this kit?

Attachments

• Biggest Sub-Woofer.jpg
    Biggest Sub-Woofer.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 352
I heat my house off of a wood burning boiler system I have in my shop. In the winter I tend to get a bad tar and creosote buildup from burning wet wood. :(
Every month or so I use the big bertha propane torch and an air hose to burn it out of the flues and stack. Its fairly common to get a good subsonic resonance going in the flues and stack. My stack is 8.5 inches in dia and 16 feet long and the flues are about 40 inches with a 5 cu ft volume.
The tone it makes can at times get so powerful it can upset my stomach! It also makes my vision blurry and can tickle to the point of having to stop the burn out prosses too! :eek:

I have often wondered what frequency I am getting and what power level its pushing out.
It rattles my 32' x 64' shop so bad it often makes my metal halide bulbs change color for a few seconds! :eek:

My neigbor is about 1/4 mile away and he says he can hear it and hear stuff in his house vibrate from it at times! :D

My last car had a moon roof that when it and the windows were open in a certain way would cause very much the same problem. The resonance was so bad it felt like reality somehow left the building =) Kind of like driving up and down a steep hill in a car, only at about 20hz.

For your chimney stuff you should probably try to dampen that somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back