Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey everyone, new member, a brief question: recharging individual batteries in series

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the chargers aren't isolated then the neutrals are probably connected, if this is the case then measuring from the positive of one charger to the negative of another should read 12V.
Mike.

Thanks for the clarification Mike, I'll admit that my head wasn't getting on it to well there but cheers to Alec, between your description and his diagram i nailed it.

A pic to show what Pommie is suggesting:
View attachment 86139

I think im a week off the batteries and chargers arriving now, once they come I will check to make sure the neutrals aren't interacting and are isolated by checking that the charge voltage is correct by measuring the positive of the first charger with the negative of the second charger. As you say there, if the charge voltage stays the same then they should remain isolated to charging each individual battery and everything should be grand.

Mix Mr Al's advice about the balancing with your assistance on the charging circuit and I can't thank you guys enough for the assistance. You've all been really helpful. A MEGA CHEERS TO YA's

If I can be assistance on the php/html website programming front, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back