Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey all I bought a Chinese double din radio in order to modify it to my liking. The main reason why

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthRT

Hey all I bought a Chinese double din radio in order to modify it to my liking. The main reason why i went with this one is that it had a few buttons and turn knobs on the front and i wanted to use an Arduino in order to "read" this inputs in order to do stuff within my software program.

However, I am not quite sure what I need to check in order to find out how to go about hooking up the rotary dial knob buttons to the arduino so that i can read each "click" that it makes. They also have a push button mode when you press on the front of the rotary dial.

As a side note I will be supplying the power to these so nothing on the board will be used except the physical rotary dial - aside from a few resisters it seems as well.

Here are a few images of the pcb layout:

OSERU.jpg

veEWM.jpg

XvPVm.jpg

And knowledge would be great as to how to go about hooking this up to read by the arduino :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back