Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Helpful piece of equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

First, sorry if i mis-placed this in wrong section, feel free to move this, thanks!
But, i figured this would be ''good'' project to share to others, and hear opinions, yes i know its not the prettiest thing on earth, but it works as intended.....it is: well, can you guess it? it should be pretty easy?

well maybe i just say it straight, no need for making quiz of such thing, its just two lamps, e14 and e27 size, in paraller, with series to 230v live. The idea behind this is, that the output can be well shorted, lamp just lights up brightly!. Good for testing old equipment, and stuff ater repair, in case of possible SC/bad caps. I dont have variac/isolation transformer construction yet, so this'll do.
well, there are couple BIG major ''faults'' in this. E27 will happily accept any finger/other stuff, so there is sure risk of electrocution. other, if this is used on big-wattage equipment, lamp will still light up, due to large current draw.

But, opinions, discussions, roses/spikes all welcome! :)

Attachments

• virran rajoitin (1).jpg
    virran rajoitin (1).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 151
  • virran rajoitin (2).jpg
    virran rajoitin (2).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 132
Haha.. I'm actually laughing here alone. I don't know why. That is a piece of DIY gold! Brilliant work! And I like the looks of it. But why two sockets for lamps? It would be safer to have one socket and have a lamp installed in it. Try to find a rubber plugs or something to cover the unused lamp-socket.

Haha, i fully understand why you laught, i laughed bit myself too! Two sockets are good for different wattage ratings, as E27 won't do, at least i couldn't find any 25w E27 lamps....But, you are right, i actually use burned E27 lamp in others place, i just took it off for photo. But, that rubber plug is good advice, thanks!

And, ps, hey, you too from finland? nice :).

And, ps, hey, you too from finland? nice :).

Damn.. didn't notice that.. haha. Yes, I study/work at Aalto university. Mechatronics and embedded systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back