Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with winding induction coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ91284

Ok

I'm currently making a magnetic powered flashlight. The only thing I'm stuck on is how to exactly wind a magnetic induction coil.
How many windings? What guage for something like 4 volts max but more importantly is the amperage. I also need to know do I use one wire or two and how to I go about winding it, in any particular way. Any information or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JJ91284 said:
Ok

I'm currently making a magnetic powered flashlight. The only thing I'm stuck on is how to exactly wind a magnetic induction coil.
How many windings? What guage for something like 4 volts max but more importantly is the amperage. I also need to know do I use one wire or two and how to I go about winding it, in any particular way. Any information or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

This is the third thread you've started about this, one would have been more than enough!.

Essentially you will have to experiment, it's an obscure thing you're trying to do, and calculations are going to be useless - the performance will vary wildly based on movement of the magnet, which will never be constant.

A good idea would be to disassemble a commercial one, and see how they wind their coils - I suspect that's by far the largest design challenge of the entire project.

Thanks guys for the information you provided. The reason why I posted this 3 different times is maybe people would speak up sooner seeing I am desperate. The magnetic flashlight is not actually what I am building, but I am in the process of possibly having something patented that uses the same principal. So I'm currently trying to design it myself and save the money. Since I'm also in college right now. If all goes well, I will let you know how it work out. However if it doesn't work I'm definately making myself the flashlight.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back