Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP with Toshiba 5DK600 DVD player -aaaaaaargh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I give up

grandev said:
Hi Nigel,the board is pc power 2700 and is from a Sd 1750 dvd player.I do have the 8 pin ic you mention,but again there isn't anything on gate of Q801..no d808 or d809??the ony diode without a # is across r815 and r813...and I changed that one...along with q801.....The t801 was smoking
at one time upon replacing fuse(before parts q801)so I was wondering if the t801 is testable(line filter)..thx

Easy to test - disconnect the bridge rectifier, put a new fuse in, plug it in. If the mains filter is S/C it will still blow the fuse.

Was Q801 faulty?, or did you change it as a matter of course?.

I can email you the PDF manual for the SD110, but it's 20MB!.

Nigel

I changed the q801 as the suggestions of the forum,but did wind up testing it and it does fail,also wound up changing 4 diodes from d801 to d804(in4007)as 2 of them were infact short also...but still doesn't power up....although THE FUSE DOES NOT BLOW ANYMORE>>>HURRAH....so now where do I go from here....please

Re: Nigel

grandev said:
I changed the q801 as the suggestions of the forum,but did wind up testing it and it does fail,also wound up changing 4 diodes from d801 to d804(in4007)as 2 of them were infact short also...but still doesn't power up....although THE FUSE DOES NOT BLOW ANYMORE>>>HURRAH....so now where do I go from here....please

Well, as a professional service engineer, I wouldn't ever change the chopper transistor without changing the control IC as well, particularly when the transistor is an FET. The transistor going S/C commonly damages the chip.

There's probably a low value resistor in the source of the FET to ground, if the FET has failed that's likely blown as well.

As with anything else, the key to fault finding is understanding how the circuit works.

Thanks Nigel

Well Nigel I would like to thank you for your help.You seem to be very helpful on this forum as I see all your posts..I will change the ic as it doesn't cost much and check resistor around FET.I did leave it for a professional to look at and he quoted me at $165.Canadian to repair.Its a shame that $20 of parts comes to $165....So that is why I am triing.if the Ic doesn't work....I will scrap it....Thanks again...

need help power on my dvd player Toshiba SD2700

Hello,
In continuation of the earlier discussion sometime last year, I too am having the same problem with my Toshiba DVD player. I tried replacing the F801 fuse couple of times and it blew both the times. I am using a 1.6A 250V fuse and the recommended voltage is 125V. I understand it shud not make a difference, but what else can a electronics novice do to fix this problem. I have a rental dvd inside the player. Is there anyway I can remove the disc without powering it ON..? Any help is highly appreciated!
Thanks

Re: need help power on my dvd player Toshiba SD2700

hkg777 said:
Hello,
In continuation of the earlier discussion sometime last year, I too am having the same problem with my Toshiba DVD player. I tried replacing the F801 fuse couple of times and it blew both the times. I am using a 1.6A 250V fuse and the recommended voltage is 125V. I understand it shud not make a difference, but what else can a electronics novice do to fix this problem. I have a rental dvd inside the player. Is there anyway I can remove the disc without powering it ON..? Any help is highly appreciated!

Fuses don't 'really' have voltage ratings (not as far as the blowing value is concerned). It's just a guaranteed voltage it will disrupt, so a 250V rated fuse makes no difference, if anything it could be very slightly safer?.

You should be able to manually turn a gear in the DVD mech and wind the disk out - some DVD players have a hle underneath where you can insert a small lever nad open the mech (but not all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back