Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With Remote Control!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu

Hey, recently I have built a very simple model solar car. I've got the motor running the tires in the back. I was thinking if somehow I can install some kind of device for the front tires that would make them turn just a little bit on the right or left side and I would be able to steer the car using some kind of remote.

My question is, how can this be done or can someone give schematic for making this mini remote control.

Thanks

anyone got any ideas? :oops:

I don't know how to build a R/C out of discrete components which would probably be the ideal way when you only need to have three states really (left, right, and off), but it's pretty easy if you use a premade transmitter/receiver pair.

This here is a combo kit that has all you need to build a 4 bit remote control, which means you 16 unique codes that can be transmitted. You can use two of these codes to turn a steering motor left or right. You can use the other 14 codes to control some LED's on the front of the car :D

You could also look into tank steering, using some analog to digital on the controller, and vica versa on the car to make it adjustable.

Read the application notes for the transmitter/receiver pairs on that website I linked

Thx. I am gonna go around town and have a look at the electronics stores to see if they have something similar to this kit. Thx alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back