Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I am on radio shack looking at buying the stuff. I see the resistors and the micro switch. What is the IN4001 on the drawn plan mean? Also the loops to the right of the IN4001?

Hi John,
A 1N4001 is a 1 amp diode with a PIV (Peak inverse voltage) rating of 50 volts. Any of the 1N400x series diodes ( Where x is any number between 1 and 7) will be OK. (Almost any small power diode will do.) I think by "loops" you are referring to the coil part of the relay The single pole changeover contacts part of the relay are to the right of the coil A relay similar to this will be suitable. This has two change over contacts. you only need to use one of them. (An automotive relay will not be suitable as the coil resistance will be too low.) The only relay shown on Radio Shack website is this one. The coil resistance on this one is quite low (320 ohms) so you would probably need a larger capacitor. (2200 uF) I would suggest a 25 volt rated capacitor. The "0V stands for zero volts. This is just the negative wire from the 12 volt DC power supply. (The +12 is the positive wire from the 12 volt power supply) Radio Shack also show 1N4001 diodes but they are expensive. (I would only expect to pay 10 to 15 pence for a 1N4001 (About 20 cents) You May be able to find a suitable relay on ebay. This is one being sold in the UK.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back