Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with a toggled IR proximity sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so much and with the cap's u just wire them in parallel as a peck detector?

hi,
I will add the decoupling caps to the circuit and repost.

hi,
I have added the caps and pin numbers.
I could not replace the circuit in that earlier post, as I cannot 'Go Advanced' from an Editing reply.:confused:

Look thru this circuit.

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 186
so would that sun glass looking stuff they use on remotes and tv's to cover the ir sensors, would this defy this problem? my downlights there colour temp is 2700K witch is pritty much yellow light :S

i've haft made it and just double checking the voltages and i get 5volts no hand , 4.85 volts hand in front right where i want it. what resisters do i have to change from 4.5v to 4.85V?
hi,
I have added the caps and pin numbers.
I could not replace the circuit in that earlier post, as I cannot 'Go Advanced' from an Editing reply.:confused:

Look thru this circuit.

No changes should be required, I will recheck the circuit with these new values.
Have you made any changes to the Emitter/Detector layout, that has caused 4.5V to 4.85v difference.?

Have you checked the output of the LM393 & CD4013.???

EDIT:
This is the Sim with 5V and 4.85V

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
nah theres no change i was just trying to get it as far away with my hand as possible with out it being to sensitive i did add a 5v reg coz i know how touchy op amps are :p

nah theres no change i was just trying to get it as far away with my hand as possible with out it being to sensitive i did add a 5v reg coz i know how touchy op amps are :p

hi,
Its not a op amp configuration,:D
Its a set up as comparator.

The way the circuit is configured, it will compensate for moderate changes in ambient [back ground] lighting.

If you add a filter as someone suggested, dont use it over the emitter.

Lets know how it goes.

hey man all wired up and its not toggling, i got like 1.7volts at the base of the transistor and even when u make it drop below 4.5v it still doesnt toggle on and off, idk what to do for fault finding. triple checked my wiring. the "comparator :p" has 12volts at pin 1 and yeah idk what to do :s

[QUOTEhey man all wired up and its not toggling, i got like 1.7volts at the base of the transistor and even when u make it drop below 4.5v it still doesnt toggle on and off, idk what to do for fault finding. triple checked my wiring. the "comparator :p" has 12volts at pin 1 and yeah idk what to do :s ][/QUOTE]

If you have 1.7V at the Base of the transistor, it suggests that you have the transistor wired incorrectly, or the transistor is faulty.

so yeah theres nothing wrong with it just it hates light in a shady area it works okish but yeah wouldnt really work in the practical way i would like it, theres way to much light :/ thanks for all your help Eric :)

Last edited:
To increase the sensitivity increase R5 [10k] try a 22K or 47K.

Not sure what this means.??
nah its the voltage coming from the 4013 then throw the 2k2 resister then to the transister

chage the ir sensor to a touch sensor

hey , i wana use your toggle circuit for something less problemy :p im not quite sure how to re arrange the comperetor but i want to keep the toggle part and replace the ir led and sensor with this.
To increase the sensitivity increase R5 [10k] try a 22K or 47K.

Not sure what this means.??

Attachments

• touch sensor.jpg
    touch sensor.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 165
would this work?

1st e tempt :s

Note that there is a resister at R1 i didnt see i didnt put 1 back there...

Attachments

• touch pad toggler.jpg
    touch pad toggler.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back