Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with a photo-switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqbilly

i need to build a photo-switch to turn my security lights on when it's dark and i'm not at home. any circuit diagram to slove my problem is welcome.
Billy

Hi Billy. The circuit you want is basic BUT the components needed to handle the wattage of security lighting will probably run the parts cost way up. These devices are available as an add-on for security lighting for under $15 US - much cheaper than you could build one. Now, if you have lots of spare electronic parts on hand, that's another matter.

it is actually for the sake of practising electronics as well. if you have it please share with me

Billy

There are simpler circuits than this:

**broken link removed**

but this one is available as a kit (if parts are not readily available) and would be great to learn from. You can find other circuits by doing a web search at "light dark activated circuit" You will need a small power supply to operate most circuits but it need not be large or expensive.

Be sure to calculate the current draw of the total lights you plan to attach and be sure the relay you select has contacts that can handle the power.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back