Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 74logic Ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomguy42

Hi there,
I'm spending to much money buying the exact same chip Id's because I'm not very good at understanding part codes. I could use some help.

I need some MC74HC00AN.
I know I can drop the MC as Motorola manufacturer. I guess the HC I need to keep as it's high speed. So 74HC00AN Can anyone tell me what the AN is for and how would you go about shortening the codes. Would you call it a 7400?
Thanks for any help

Thanks Ron.
The closest reasonable parts I can find are 74HC00N. Do you think that's the same part? My thinking was the N stands for Dip package it's just missing the A out of the code... which is what i need.

This is starting to make sense though- I watch a lot of videos and hear people referring to the IC as 4 digit codes E.g. 6864 and i never know as it's totally different to what's on the cases

The data sheet will usually explain what the suffix values mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back