help w/ button for opening/closing a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, your motors are small. The 125 volt switches should be okay. Look for one rated at about 3 amps at 125 vac.

The snap action limit switches @ AllElectronics don't list NC or NO, are snap action switches changeable between NC and NO; if you reverse the wires will it change between NC and NO ?
Or will I need to buy them from another site?

Also, I've read that a "Snubber" circuit should be used to suppress arcing. Does my applicatoin need a Snubber?

Last edited:
If you look closely at the switches you linked to they are SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) with 3 terminals. You have a common terminal and one NO and one NC terminal. Much like the image I posted further back in the thread. Those will work fine and you would use common and the NC contact so it opens when it is bumped.

As to a snubber? It wouldn't hurt to place one across your motor coils. I would not say it is absolutely essential but will extend the life of your switch contacts.

Ron

Last edited:
Mike, is the motor you linked to reverseable? motor
It doesn't say it is, but I would assume it is if it was used for moving a flap in a car air system... Is there a way to tell, or is it assumed that gear motors are all reversible?

It is usually assumed that a permanent magnet motor is reversible. Most motors I have seen used in cars are permanent magnet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…