Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help w/ button for opening/closing a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, your motors are small. The 125 volt switches should be okay. Look for one rated at about 3 amps at 125 vac.

The snap action limit switches @ AllElectronics don't list NC or NO, are snap action switches changeable between NC and NO; if you reverse the wires will it change between NC and NO ?
Or will I need to buy them from another site?

Also, I've read that a "Snubber" circuit should be used to suppress arcing. Does my applicatoin need a Snubber?

Last edited:
If you look closely at the switches you linked to they are SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) with 3 terminals. You have a common terminal and one NO and one NC terminal. Much like the image I posted further back in the thread. Those will work fine and you would use common and the NC contact so it opens when it is bumped.

As to a snubber? It wouldn't hurt to place one across your motor coils. I would not say it is absolutely essential but will extend the life of your switch contacts.

Ron

Last edited:
Mike, is the motor you linked to reverseable? motor
It doesn't say it is, but I would assume it is if it was used for moving a flap in a car air system... Is there a way to tell, or is it assumed that gear motors are all reversible?

It is usually assumed that a permanent magnet motor is reversible. Most motors I have seen used in cars are permanent magnet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back