Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!! : transistor switching circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond

harlow there, if i have a voltage range from 0.6 volts to 1.4 volts, can i use transistor to switch on a typical LED which has the forward voltage at round 2 volts?

If cannot, how can i do that?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Desmond.

the supply i used actually is 5 volt, but due to a circuit there, the output i have is 0.6volt to 1.4volt (the range) ...

then i would like to prove that the voltage there is not 0 so i am thinking to use LED as the indicator.

so do you think 0.6volt (we take the minimum) can switch on a LED by using transistor? maybe bjt or mosfet? or what should i do?

Thanks.

Desmond

The problem is that 0.6V is just a little lower than the Vbe for most BJTs. I'll think about it a bit more and get back to you :D.

yeah .. i am thinking the same way too :)

i will try it out with LM751 first lar ..

thanks man ~ :wink:

The LM331 is a component I have enjoyed lately. Maybe it would be handy for you. It comes in a convenient SOT-5 package.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back