Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help, Schmitt trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
rngd said:
Weird though, in my circuit there is no Rth. Cannot be that the Vutp, Vltp and Vref are at the same voltage point .. ?
See the annotated schematic below. Note that Rth and Vref change when you change the pot setting.

Attachments

• Schmitt annotated.PNG
    Schmitt annotated.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 410
Could you please help with this shmitt trigger

Can anyone please help me with this task and provide step by step formulas in order to calculate the resistors:

Schmitt trigger given
the following design requirements:
1. You should use the following DC supply rails:
0V, +5V, +10V and -10V
2. The Schmidt trigger should have the following characteristics
Upper switching threshold level = 1.50 ±0.01 Volts
Lower switching threshold level = 1.00 ±0.01 Volts
3. The circuit should be designed to meet the specification over an input frequency from 0.1Hz to at
least 20kHz.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP!

Can anyone please help me with this task and provide step by step formulas in order to calculate the resistors:

Schmitt trigger given
the following design requirements:
1. You should use the following DC supply rails:
0V, +5V, +10V and -10V
2. The Schmidt trigger should have the following characteristics
Upper switching threshold level = 1.50 ±0.01 Volts
Lower switching threshold level = 1.00 ±0.01 Volts
3. The circuit should be designed to meet the specification over an input frequency from 0.1Hz to at
least 20kHz.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP!
LM111 is much too slow to maintain ±10mV threshold levels at 20kHz.
What is the amplitude and DC level of the input signal? Are you to assume it is a sine wave? A triangle? Square wave?

PS you don't get homework handed to you here on a silver platter. Show your work, and tell us where you are stuck.

Last edited:
yes i just need a starting point
yes the input is a sine wave as im doing a simulation in pspice and it doesnt hav a triangle one.
input is 0v sine wave
i want to calculate r1 and r2 and i know that i need to use vout=vcc*r2/(rt+r2)
but i just have vref=5 and Vout low is 0 and Vout high is 5
Could you please give me a clue what to start with? how to use this potential divider formula and forget +-10V i think i got the task wrong i assume its just 5 and 0 v

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 216
yes i just need a starting point
yes the input is a sine wave as im doing a simulation in pspice and it doesnt hav a triangle one.
input is 0v sine wave
i want to calculate r1 and r2 and i know that i need to use vout=vcc*r2/(rt+r2)
but i just have vref=5 and Vout low is 0 and Vout high is 5
Could you please give me a clue what to start with? how to use this potential divider formula and forget +-10V i think i got the task wrong i assume its just 5 and 0 v
Do you understand Ohm's law, Thevenin equivalents, and voltage dividers?
If you haven't been taught these, you would never be able to do this by yourself. If you have been taught these, post your attempt at a solution (with component values) and tell us where you are having problems.
As I said, no silver platters for homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back