Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkk525

i am new to this forum...so at first i req one and all to excuse if there is any mistake in my question
i want to controll 4 steppermotors simultaneously,can i do it through parallelport using 2003 or some other chip
is there any other better way that is less in complication
kiran

kkk525 said:
i am new to this forum...so at first i req one and all to excuse if there is any mistake in my question
i want to controll 4 steppermotors simultaneously,can i do it through parallelport using 2003 or some other chip
is there any other better way that is less in complication
kiran

Stepper motors require 4 drive signals to each one, you don't have 16 output lines available on a parallel port. There are many different ways of over coming this - probably the easiest would be to use a stepper motor driver I/C, these usually need just two wires - one for direction, and one to step it - this would only require 8 output lines, and they would also simplify your programming.

You could also use a micro-controller, such as a PIC, a 16F876 has enough I/O to receive an RS232 fed from the computer, and feed 4 stepper motors via ULN2003's or some other kind of driver. This would simplify the PC programming, but at the added complication of programming the PIC - 'swings and roundabouts'.

thank u godwin
will try, but pic is entierly new concept to me but i will do my groundwork on it now
thank u once again
kiran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back