Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP REQUIRED! run battery gadget via USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatie1982

Hi!

I have a set of headphones that I use regularly with my PS3. They plug into a control box thats fed from the optical output of the PS3. Unfortunately it's run via 2 AA batteries, and it's costing me a fortune! Rechargeable batteries don't seem to last long enough.

I'm looking to create something like this to power it, but it's been years since I did electronics at college, so I've forgotten most of what I have learnt!

I'm good at the actual building side of things, I'm just no good at designing circuits, so I'm hoping someone on here can help!

Thanks,
Richard

The important two capacitors are not optional and are missing from the Instructables circuit.

Both circuits have the value of R1 too high. It must be 120 ohms or less for an LM317. It can be 240 ohms for a more expensive LM117.
When the value of R1 is too high then the output voltage rises when the load current is low.

2 AA batteries is only 3 volts. 5 volts may be too much for your little device. Why do you have such a weird headphone setup? What's the point using the optical jack from the PS if you can't get power? You could use a simple 3 volt regulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back