Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help please....LED circuit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild eagle

:idea: Hi, I am in electronics school (on vacation right now) and am trying new circuits, etc. I decided to try something different, so I took 12 LEDs and mounted them into a CD, on the back I have red and black leads soldered onto the respective terminals of the LEDs with enough wire curled to go where needed. I also have a motor and circuit from a small robot car I am going to use to spin another CD in front of this one with holes in it to make a flashing effect. Now, although I am spinning the other CD in front, I would still like to run the LEDs in an alternating or even just a follower sequence, could someone help me with a simple schematic to work with for running the LEDs please. I have enough 555 timers, transistors, etc. (too many oddballs to list....lol), but I do not have a 4017 which was told would be great for this, but was hoping I could keep it simpler? Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions, thanks for taking the time to read/help! ~Kev
P.S. Please give any and all options for components that could be used in any one place, thanks!

Hi Wild Eagle,
You need my "6V Ultra-bright Chaser" project that I have posted here:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/games/004/index.html

I mounted 10 ultra-bright red, blue, green or white LEDs on a CD and a 74HC4017 sequences them. I have them each flash for only a brief moment to save battery power. The sequence goes around and around a few times then pauses before sequencing again. The project includes a sequencing speed control and a brightness control. Here's the schematic:

Attachments

• 6v_led_chaser_schematic.jpg
    6v_led_chaser_schematic.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 540
Here's a pic of my "6V Ultra-bright Chaser" project:

Attachments

• 6v_ultra-bright_chaser_pic3_163.jpg
    6v_ultra-bright_chaser_pic3_163.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 458
checkmate said:
Have you heard of propeller clocks? Google for them. They look cool.
Yeah, the one from RadioShack vibrates right off the table it sits on! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back